Creative Commons License
This blog by Tommy Tang is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

My github papge

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

linux commands basics

I am attending the NGS course at MSU. This is a great course with great instructors and friendly colleagues.
I highly recommend this course to everyone. http://bioinformatics.msu.edu/ngs-summer-course-2014

This morning, we learned SNP calling by samtools and sam file specification (I will write another blog for the SNP calling) .in the night , TA Elijah gave an awesome introduction to linux commands.
personally, I think this should be taught in the first day of the course. ( I am already pretty familiar with basic linux commands, but it does cause a lot of frustrations for beginners).

I took the notes, and put the commands that taught in a gist, see below and enjoy linux commands!

Creative Commons License
linux basics by Tommy Tang is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment